Sealy mattresses are manufactured in Trinity, North Carolina in America, and the company took its name from the original place the factory was located Sealy, Texas. This mattress manufacturer has been in business since 1881 in one form or another.
Below you will find top rated Sealy Posturepedic mattresses.
Top Rated Mattresses
|Product Name|| |
Sealy Posturepedic Cooper Mountain
Sealy Posturepedic Drakesboro
Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid
GET THE BEST PRICE
GET THE BEST PRICE
GET THE BEST PRICE
|Back pain relief|
|No initial odor|
|No sleeping hot|
|Easy to move on|
Sealy Corporation is a world-renowned manufacturer of sleep acsessories. It is recognized worldwide for an excellent quality of its products, extensive use of innovative solutions and professional approach to details. In this article we’ll give a brief overview of its products, in particular, its Posturepedic series, and analyze their pros and cons. Do Sealy Posturepedic mattresses really cost their money?
The company has been in business for over 125 years. Nowadays Sealy is the world’s largest manufacturer of mattresses; it owns plants in different corners of the world, including the US, Mexico, European countries and China. It owns patents for a number of unique technology solutions in the spheres of body weigh distribution and support of a person’s body during sleep. Mattresses produced by Sealy are in good demand despite a higher than average price.
Sealy Posturepedic series includes premium class coiled mattresses. As the manufacture claims, this series was developed under the supervision of professional orthopedic surgeons, so Posturepedic mattresses provide the most correct, natural from the physiological point of view body position. The distinctive features of all mattresses belonging to this series include the following ones:
- Intelligent coil system “Sensory arm”. The tension of coils is changing depending on the person’s weight and intensity of movements. Simply saying, the mattress is adjusted to individual style of sleeping of its owner.
- Triple offset design of coils. Triple-shaped coils provide an improved stability of the mattress surface.
- A multi-layer structure. Apart from the Posturepedic coil system, the structure of each mattress includes a layer of latex foam, and the “winter” side has an additional layer of high-quality Scottish wool.
- All the mattresses are two-sided – with a “summer” and “winter” sides. However, the manufacturer recommends turning them over not once in half a year, but at least once a week.
The series includes three options: Tentation, Ambition and Evolution. They differ by the level of rigidity, number of levels and some other parameters, though the core features are very similar. All the mattresses are made of natural materials that are pleasant to body and provide an improved thermal regulation. They let your skin breathe, protecting from excessive heat in summer and warming up in winter.
Posturepedic Tentation Option
Tentation is the softest mattress in its category. Its structure includes two additional 38-mm layers of ribbed anatomic foam from each side. At the same time, the mattress has a perfect stability and strengthened side walls preventing it from deformation. The overall thickness of the mattress is 260 mm.
Posturepedic Ambition Option
This is a medium-rigidity mattress. It lacks any additional layers, and is positioned by the manufacturer as “balanced comfort”. The mattress has a perfect stability and provides a comfortable support during sleep. Its overall thickness is about 240 mm.
Posturepedic Evolution Option
This is the most rigid mattress in the Posturepedic series. The structure of the Evolution option includes two additional 25-mm foam levels from each side and a thermal pressed matt with 800 gsm density in the centre. The thickness of the mattress is approximately 270 mm.
The Strong Sides
Posturepedic is an elite series of mattresses, and the list of its advantages is rather extensive. Of course, customers’ opinions vary, but most of them mention the following positive sides in their reviews:
- Really good support, preventing or reducing backache. The patented PostureTech technology, which includes the self-regulating Sensory arm coil system, provides an optimal from the anatomic point of view body position. During sleep you really have a deep rest, and your muscles get relaxed. As a result, you wake up refreshed and restored. This is especially important for people having problems with the supporting-motor apparatus and those who do much physical labour.
- Effective temperature control. Natural, “breathing” materials prevent sweating and give a sense of comfort.
- Mattresses suit to people with extra body weight up to 100 kg (and Evolution option – up to 120 kg). The system of intelligent weight distribution protects the mattress from deformation and provides an effective support irrespective of the body weight.
- Durability. According to customers’ reviews, typically, mattresses of this series preserve their properties for years, don’t lose shape and their surfaces stay smooth and even. Strengthened coils, which are additionally jointed to each other, break very rarely.
- Warranty up to 5 years from the manufacturer.
Though complaints to Sealy products are quite rare, nothing is perfect in the world. Some customers in their reviews mention certain downsides of Posturepedic series. The most common of them are the following:
- Heaviness. The mattresses of this series are rather thick and can look bulky on a bed. Moreover, it’s not easy to turn them over regularly, as the manufacturer requires.
- Rigidity. Of course, this is very subjective. Some people love firm surfaces, other feel uncomfortable with them. But in general, customers often write that they need time to get used to such rigidity. Especially this is true for the Evolution option.
- Unpleasant plastic smell of new mattresses. The fact is that they are stored and delivered in plastic cases, and natural materials always absorb all the smells around. So, a little smell is inevitable. If you are too sensitive to scents, you are recommended to unpack a new mattress and put it aside for some time. Wait until the smell becomes weaker or disappears and then use the mattress.
- High price. With all their advantages, the products of Posturepedic series are costly. Not everyone can afford them. However, those who buy them, usually admit that the quality pays off the cost.
Sealy Posturepedic mattresses are made of high-quality materials and are intended for years of use. The manufacturer gives 5 years warranty on its products, but in fact they can serve much longer, if they are exploited correctly.
Sealy Corporation gives 5 years of warranty on its products. The warranty covers all types of manufacturing defects, including those that make the mattress unusable. The warranty is cancelled if the product was unsealed or repaired by third party. Also the warranty doesn’t cover defects of the surface less than 2.5 mm depth. Such defects are considered natural and don’t affect the characteristics of the mattress.
The manufacturer reserves the right to choose between repair and replacement of defective items. However, in practice Sealy always tries to meet the interests of its customers and satisfy their needs. Conflict situations associated with warranty terms are non-typical for the corporation.