Sealy Posturepedic Mattress Reviews
In this review, we will be looking more closely at Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and we will also learn a little bit about the company behind the beds before looking more closely at who should be interested in purchasing one of these mattresses.
We will also weigh up some of the pros and cons of three of the most popular Sealy Posturepedic mattresses while also examining some of their key features. Such as comfort and firmness, heat retention and motion isolation among other things. We will also be discussing who might be interested in these particular mattresses and who probably won’t be!
Top Ranked Mattresses
We’ve analyzed 726 Sealy Posturepedic reviews (read about our accurate unbiased method), and compared mattresses side-by-side, scored according to a range of factors including comfort, pain relief potential, durability, initial odor and heat retention ability.
Below you will find comparison chart(click on the product name to read full review).
Tempur Sealy International Inc are the company behind Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. Although Sealy has only been a subsidiary of Tempur Sealy International Inc since 2012, the actual Sealy brand has been around since 1881. The company, which is based in Lexington Kentucky, have taken all of those years of experience and proud history and they have combined it with the latest innovation to create one of the most well known mattress brands in the country.
About the Sealy Posturepedic
Sealy Posturepedic mattresses are spring based mattresses that use open, offset and pocket coils in tandem with gel foam comfort layers. The mattresses range in thickness from 8.5 inches up to a plush 16 inches. There are three different product lines offered by Sealy Posturepedic. These are the Posturepedic series, the Posturepedic Plus series and the Posturepedic Premier Hybrid series. Features that are shared across the product line include the CoreSupport Center which offers additional support where it is needed the most.
The SolidEdge HD system is also a key feature of Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and it consists of a 2.5 inch reinforced border around the edge of the mattress to allow greater edge support. Finally, all Sealy PosturePedic mattresses use Gel memory foam which conforms to your body for additional comfort. Overall, Sealy Posturepedic mattresses are affordable and widely available. However, there are concerns over durability and the level of off-gassing could be a problem for anyone who is sensitive to smells.
Who Should be Interested in it?
Sealy Posturepedic may be just the type of mattress that you are looking for if you enjoy the more hybrid or innerspring feel in a mattress. All of the mattresses in the Sealy Posturepedic line have an innerspring support accompanied by varying layers of foam depending on the model you choose. You will also love Sealy Posturepedic if you would rather not buy a mattress online. These are only available in stores where you can talk with a knowledgeable sales assistant to make sure you choose the most appropriate mattress for your needs.
Who Might Not be Interested in it?
You might not be interested in Sealy Posturepedic if you have concerns about the durability of your mattress as these mattresses do have a tendency to sag. Sealy Posturepedic may also not be your best choice of mattress if you are looking for something that feels springy. These do not have that all foam or latex feel that you are seeking. Sealy Posturepedia is also not the mattress for you if you are looking for the convenience of shopping for a mattress online, since you can only purchase them from high street stockists. There are no online retailers for Sealy Posturepedic Mattresses.
Sealy Posturepedic Mattress Lines
The Sealy Posturepedic is the most basic of the range. It is designed to fully support your back as you sleep and align your body for the ideal comfort as you sleep. The mattress has a premium fabric cover, foam comfort layer and specially engineered Sealy Embrace coils. There is also a reinforced central support section designed to give added support to the lower back and hips. Some of the key benefits that consumers mention in regards to the Sealy Posturepedic mattress include that it is very easy to move on once you are lying down.
It does not seem to retain much heat and it has good edge support. However, consumers are not impressed by the lack of motion isolation and the fact that the mattress can be a little too noisy for some. The Sealy Posturpedic is also known for noticeable off-gassing that can last for weeks.
Sealy Posturepedic Plus
The Sealy Posturepedic Plus mattress starts with the specially engineered encased coils that are designed to respond to natural curves and alignment of the spine. Each coil moves independently which not only targets support, but also reduces motion transfer. There is also a comfort foam layer and soft cover as well as additional edge support and the exclusive Core Support Center. The Sealy Posturepedic Plus scores points from consumers for being easy to move on and having pretty good motion isolation.
Consumers say that it is comfortable and they like the fact that no mattress topper Is needed with this mattress. There is very little noise from the Sealy Posturepedic Plus and the mattress is suitable for heavier people as well. However, on the downside this particular model is said to sleep hot which could be unbearable in the summer months. The Posturepedic Plus also has a reputation for fairly significant off-gassing.
Sealy Posturepedic Premier Hybrid
The Sealy Posturepedic Premier Hybrid is the perfect combination of coil and memory foam. One of the key concerns of this particular line is achieving great motion isolation. Sealy do not reveal the exact density of their foam layers, but the Posturepedic Premier Hybrid has 875 wrapped titanium coils topped with layers of cooling gel memory foam and a premium fabric cover.
Customers describe the pros of the Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid include the fact that it offers great support, helps reduce back pain, and has excellent motion isolation. It is also quite and needs no additional mattress topper. However, in terms of cons the Posturepedic Premier Hybird is the worst Sealy mattress in terms of off-gassing. It is also below average in terms of heat retention and is known to sleep hot.
Posturepedic is an elite series of mattresses, and the list of its advantages is rather extensive. Of course, customers’ opinions vary, but most of them mention the following positive sides in their reviews:
- Really good support, preventing or reducing backache.
- The patented PostureTech technology, which includes the self-regulating Sensory arm coil system, provides an optimal from the anatomic point of view body position. During sleep you really have a deep rest, and your muscles get relaxed. As a result, you wake up refreshed and restored. This is especially important for people having problems with the supporting-motor apparatus and those who do much physical labour.
- Effective temperature control. Natural, “breathing” materials prevent sweating and give a sense of comfort.
- Mattresses suit to people with extra body weight up to 100 kg (and Evolution option – up to 120 kg). The system of intelligent weight distribution protects the mattress from deformation and provides an effective support irrespective of the body weight.
- Durability. According to customers’ reviews, typically, mattresses of this series preserve their properties for years, don’t lose shape and their surfaces stay smooth and even.
- Strengthened coils, which are additionally jointed to each other, break very rarely.
- Warranty up to 5 years from the manufacturer.
Though complaints to Sealy products are quite rare, nothing is perfect in the world. Some customers in their reviews mention certain downsides of Posturepedic series. The most common of them are the following:
- Heaviness. The mattresses of this series are rather thick and can look bulky on a bed. Moreover, it’s not easy to turn them over regularly, as the manufacturer requires.
- Rigidity. Of course, this is very subjective. Some people love firm surfaces, other feel uncomfortable with them. But in general, customers often write that they need time to get used to such rigidity. Especially this is true for the Evolution option.
- Unpleasant plastic smell of new mattresses. The fact is that they are stored and delivered in plastic cases, and natural materials always absorb all the smells around. So, a little smell is inevitable. If you are too sensitive to scents, you are recommended to unpack a new mattress and put it aside for some time. Wait until the smell becomes weaker or disappears and then use the mattress.
- High price. With all their advantages, the products of Posturepedic series are costly.
- Not everyone can afford them. However, those who buy them, usually admit that the quality pays off the cost.
Sealy Posturepedic mattresses are made of high-quality materials and are intended for years of use. The manufacturer gives 5 years warranty on its products, but in fact they can serve much longer, if they are exploited correctly.
Sealy Corporation gives 5 years of warranty on its products. The warranty covers all types of manufacturing defects, including those that make the mattress unusable. The warranty is cancelled if the product was unsealed or repaired by third party. Also the warranty doesn’t cover defects of the surface less than 2.5 mm depth. Such defects are considered natural and don’t affect the characteristics of the mattress.
The manufacturer reserves the right to choose between repair and replacement of defective items. However, in practice Sealy always tries to meet the interests of its customers and satisfy their needs. Conflict situations associated with warranty terms are non-typical for the corporation.
257 17 31