The Sleep Mentor Video Essay College Scholarship Contest 2018
Sleep Mentor is pleased to announce our $1000 Video Essay College Scholarship Contest. The Sleep Mentor Scholarship will be awarded to a single entrant who creates and uploads the most creative, original YouTube Video that discusses one of the suggested topics about sleep.
A Mentor is a trusted and experienced advisor. Sleep is a relaxed state of body and mind where consciousness is practically suspended, a period of recharging. Sleep Mentor offers trusted advice on the mattresses and pillows that are most effective in providing an environment for a restful state of sleep. A good night sleep is vital to recharging the body and mind for productive, healthy living. It is indisputable that sleep plays an essential role in cognitive function, physical strength, and emotional wellbeing.
- Sleep and the overachieving student
- Sleep and Exams
- Sleep, the key to recall
- Grades and lack of sleep
- How I failed an exam after not sleeping
- Generally, you may key in on any topic that relates to sleep and being a student, including how proper sleep affects learning
These are suggested topics, unleash your creativity to write, direct and produce a video essay relating to Sleep and the Student.
Who Can Apply
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited College Program or have proof of acceptance and enrollment in a College Program that begins before September 1, 2018
- Secondary School Students who are entering the Sleep Mentor Video Scholarship Program, must provide a copy of their diploma along with their entry. Secondary School diplomas must be dated before August 1, 2018.
- College acceptance and enrollment verification must be provided with entry application
- One entry per student
- Submissions will be accepted Worldwide in English Only
- Write a video script relating to Student Life and Sleeping
- Create a Video from your written script
- Upload your Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Submission to YouTube
- Please include the exact text in the description area : “My application for the The Sleep Mentor $1,000 Scholarship 2018 – https://sleepmentor.net/”
Note: Don’t worry about the video quality. Any smart phone video camera will work just fine. It’s your creativity and spirit we are looking for!
How to Submit your Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Application
Email your completed Application to Scholarship@sleepmentor.net
The application must include:
City, State or Province, Country and Postal Code
Active Current Email
Secondary School Name and Date of Graduation
Name of College Where Enrolled along with Date of Enrollment
Copy of Written Work Script of Your Video Essay
Valid, Working Link to Your Sleep Mentor Video Essay
Copies of Proofs Required:
- Secondary School Diploma
- College ID
- Proof of current Enrollment to a College Program
Applications must be complete with all required proofs attached. Incomplete applications can not be considered for the Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Contest.
- Two Judges will be randomly selected from Sleep Mentor employees
- Decision of the Judges is final
- Submissions to the Sleep Mentor Scholarship Contest will not be returned
Submissions will be judged on:
- Adherence to Subject – i.e. Sleep and Student Life
- Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Submission Deadline for the 2018 Scholarship is August 1, 2018
- The Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship will be awarded by August 20, 2018
- Only (1) One nonrenewable Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship will be awarded for the Fall 2018 Semester.
- No fee will be charged for submissions.
- The 2018 Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship will be Awarded by the judgement of the Selection Committee of the Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Contest
- Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Essays* must be original work of the applicant, and meet the video essay guidelines
- The Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Committee will not consider incomplete applications and will not allow time for amendments beyond the submission date of August 1, 2018
- Applications and Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Entries * Must be Written in English Only
- Only the Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Awardee will be notified and published
- All applications become property of the Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Contest Program and will not be returned.
- By submitting an entry into the Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship Contest, contestant consents to the use of the entry by SleepMentor.net
Essay Rules and Guidelines
- Essay Must be the Original Work of the Applicant
- Essays Applications Must be Written and Video Must be produced in English
- Plagiarism of the Video Essay or Written Script in whole or in part will disqualify the application for Scholarship consideration.
SleepMentor.net is pleased to offer the 2018 Sleep Mentor Video Essay Scholarship for the Fall Semester of 2018 and looks forward to awarding $1000 to the winner to help achieve an academic dream with a more restful sleep.