What Is The Best Down Pillow?
We’ve analyzed 418 reviews of feather and down pillows (read about our accurate unbiased method), and compared pillows side-by-side, scored them according to a range of factors including comfort, pain relief potential, durability, initial odor and heat retention ability.
Below you will find comparison chart(click on the product name to read full review).
Top Rated Down (Feather) Pillows
|Product Name||East Coast Pillows||Puredown Feather and Down Pillow||FineFeather Pillow|
GET BEST PRICE
GET BEST PRICE
GET BEST PRICE
|Owner Satisfaction||Durability||Neck Pain Relief||Moldable||Scrunchable||Easy To Use||No Noise||No Odor||Not Hot||Allergy Friendly|
Comfort when sleeping is a luxury that everyone can enjoy by investing in a simple and affordable down pillow. They provide a lush and soft landing for your head after a long day of work helping you relax and slowly veering you off to slumber land.
Praised by many for the solace and relaxing rest they offer, down pillows are cushiony, delicate, cool to the touch, soft, dependable and simple to use.
Because of their level of comfort, luxurious feel and ability to soothe you to sleep, down pillows easily score a 4.5 out 5 star rating. If you are looking to improve your quality of sleep, these pillows are an affordable and practical way of achieving that.
What are Down Pillows?
These are cushion filled pillows made from the down feathers of a waterfowl. Common with stomach sleepers, down pillows are very delicate and shield the head and neck from turning.
- They are lightweight, which makes it comfortable and easy to move around
- Durable and long lasting
- Help in breathing hence reduce instances of snoring
- Ease neck pain
- Reduces perspiration and heat from the face and hair
- Has no unwanted odor
- They are hypoallergenic as it is made of natural materials.
- They are relatively pricey.
- For regular upkeep, one needs to shake and fluff the pillow before sleeping on it.
- They are not recommended for individuals with serious orthopedic problems of the spine, neck, and back.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Down Pillow?
Find the Right Shell
For you to determine the durability of the down pillow, look for the right shell. With a loose fabric weave, dirt, skin oils and cluster will penetrate inside the pillow. A thread count of 300 or higher offers a smooth and sturdy shell. Also, 100-percent cotton texture presents you with better comfort and improved aeration.
Check the “Fill Power”
When shopping, consider the fill power of the pillow. Down pillows consist of fine feathers, hence the higher the number of feathers the better the pillow. 600 is a standard quality fill number while 800 is held for higher caliber down pillows.
Consider Your Sleeping Position
Are you a stomach, back or side sleeper? For a stomach sleeper, choose a delicate down pillow which will gently raise your head, without straining your neck or lifting your head too high.
As for the back sleeper, pick a down pillow with medium soft quality. With this delicate but firm feel it offers more head and neck support when lying on your back.
For the side sleeper, get yourself a firm pillow. A firm down pillow will offer sufficient support for your neck and head, depending on the distance between your bottom shoulder, and your neck. If you have narrow shoulders, consider a medium soft down pillow instead.
What is Your Budget?
If you are worried about the cost, select a blend of down and side feathers mixed together if available to reduce costs. The cover of the pillow should be very strong to prevent the feathers from poking through. The center offers firmness and support, yet the side feathers remain in the focal point of the pillow and only the down feathers are in contact with the outside shell.
Without further ado, let us check some of the more preferred down pillows that you can choose from so as to help you in making the decision on which of them would be best suited for you.
Best Down Pillows
Beckham Luxury Linens Hotel Collection Luxury Plush 2-Pack Queen Gel Pillows
These down pillows are affordable and versatile recommended for small families. You will be blown away by how these thin looking pillows can fill up to such a gigantic size with perfect thickness. They make for the perfect solution if you suffer from neck pains. You will be able to enjoy comfort as these pillows ensure that your head and neck remain in place which guarantees a more serene and calm night and a very vibrant morning.
- Available in queen and king size.
- Come in gel-filled fiber for maximum class and comfort.
- Dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant hence preventing allergies associated with breathing.
- Easy to clean as they are stain resistant.
- They come with no pillow cases.
Hotel Double Down Surround Hotel Pillow
This pillow is built slightly different from other down pillows but, it doesn’t lose comfort. The center is filled with small feathers while the outer core is filled with down feathers. While it isn’t as delicate as full-down pillows, it is considerably less expensive. Additionally, it is firmer and provides more support to back or side sleepers. It has a double needle sewn edge which shields it from busting just in case it becomes your weapon of choice in a pillow fight. The “Down Proof Weave” is an incredible feature that holds the down pillow and keeps it from spilling out.
- Due to its mix of small and down feathers, this pillow is both soft yet firm giving the best of both worlds to its users.
- They are airy and retain warmth.
- They hardly lose its shape once fluffed.
- Once in a while, the small feathers may irritate your skin but they soften up with time.
Pacific Coast Feather Down Pillow
If you are in search of a glitz and glamor luxury pillow then this here is the one you need to find. Its design combines fluffy down and resilient feathers for a comfort experience like no other. It is supportive and wonderfully soft and inviting.
- Made of high-quality materials and a double layer of down feathers make it long lasting.
- Once fluffed, it bounces back really well hence retaining its shape.
- Very dense and firm for maximum support of the neck and head.
- Comes in king and queen sizes.
- The seams are double stitched preventing the feathers from spilling out.
- It is relatively pricey than most down pillows.
Royal Hotel Down Pillow
These are as near as the best down pillow that you’ll get. Sumptuous as you’d expect, they are highly priced and sold as a set of two. The luxurious seams make an unrivaled, tasteful clean cover. It is firm hence reducing neck and back pains as you wake up in the morning. You deserve the everyday luxury and comfort that these down pillows have to offer.
- They are sold as a pair for the price of one down pillow.
- It is soft and firm at the same time for maximum support and comfort.
- Double seamed stitches for preventing feathers from spilling out.
- 100% cotton cover for durability and comfort.
- The warranty information is unknown as the manufacturer has not indicated it.
Luxury Down Pillow by Royal Bedding
This down pillow comes in a set of two sealed with a comfortable cotton cover. Its fill cover is a whopping 750. It is sealed with a double edge silky piping made to deliver a much cleaner finish when laundered.
- It is made of high-end materials.
- Comes in pairs for the price of one.
- Very comfortable and supportive of the head and neck
- Once fluffed it bounces back to shape
- This pillow is a bit heavier than usual.
eLuxurySupply Extra Soft Down Filled Pillow
The eLuxurySupply Extra Soft Down-Filled Pillow is a super delicate pillow that is outlined particularly for individuals who ordinarily consider sleeping on their stomach. Sleeping on your back or side is not bad either as this down pillow offers sufficient support. Made with duck down, the eLuxurySupply Extra Soft Down Filled Pillow remains scent free and is even hypoallergenic.
- It is fairly priced and can be sold individually or as a pair.
- It is scent free hence providing comfort from those suffering from asthma and other respiratory allergies.
- Made of 100% cotton casing making it durable and long lasting
- This down pillow is a bit flat and not recommended for back and side sleepers, though it can be good enough.
- You have to ask the warranty from the manufacturer as it is not clearly stated.
Smart Home Bedding Super Plush
This down pillow is made of 50% polyester and 50% cotton materials. It comes as a pair, of a standard size and queen size. They are known to be suitable for all sleeping options. There is a microfiber filling in this product for neck raised support. They are pocket friendly and convenient for those buying on a budget
- They are comfortable and appealing to the eye.
- Can be laundered with a washing machine
- These down pillows have been found to be clumpy and flat.
Silent Night Studio Down Pillow
The fascinating feature of this pillow is that it is made of three layers of filling, each of unique size and thickness, adding up to seven combinations. How smart! You are spoilt for choice as you remove individual layers to find which kind of comfort and firmness suits you. It is ideal for a guest room as your visitors have different preferences to choose from. The machine washable pillow is completed with a delicate touch and a hypoallergenic cover intended to keep dust mites under control.
- It is has been made to accommodate personal comfort level, whether soft, medium or firm feel.
- Versatile and long lasting
- Affordable as you get two pillows for the price of one.
- They have a 2-year warranty from date of purchase
- Machine washable
- It is heavier than most down pillows.
Egyptian Bedding Goose
One of the most notable things to note about the Egyptian Bedding Goose down pillows is that they are made from 100% luxury cotton bearing a 1200 thread count. This is without doubt a very comfortable and soft to the touch pillow. The cushion is loaded with 90% Goose Down, and 750 fill power, and in addition the 50 ounces of white goose down, making this a high-end product.
- It is made of high-quality material hence comfortable and gentle to the touch.
- The pillows are hypoallergenic, airy and warm for easy breathing and comfort.
- They are durable as they are factory sealed.
- The pillows tend to become flat and don’t bounce back when fluffed.
Sealy Posturepedic Hypoallergenic Soft Down Pillow
This pillow boasts of high ratings and reviews from consumers and critics alike. It is very soft and comfortable and free of aches and pains come the next morning. It is very astounding that such an incredible pillow costs less compared to others in the market. You can buy different ones on a budget.
- It is made of quality materials making it durable and long lasting.
- No need to worry about feathers poking you as it is made of 100% down feathers.
- Its cover comes with a 230 thread count cotton for an added layer of comfort.
- It is affordable.
- It does not come with a warranty from the manufacturer.
- The down feathers used are of ducks instead of the preferred goose.
Your comfort while sleeping should not be a hit and miss. You should be guaranteed of quality and comfortable sleep to help your body to rebuild and your mind reset. With these down pillows, that is now more achievable.
In the list of reviews, the Silent Night Studio Down Pillow takes the day. It is innovative with plenty of features that not only make a great down pillow but also make it a desirable product that capable of fulfilling the needs and requirements of different users.
I believe that the information presented above has ended up being useful and that you are equipped with making the right call without wasting unnecessary measure of time all the while. Happy pillow shopping!